Businesses that wish to start-up, expand and locate in the Great Lakes Bay Region are backed by the expertise and support from Saginaw Future – an Accredited Economic Development Organization, Saginaw County and the State of Michigan. This means prospective Tech Park occupants have access to financial incentives and a robust business support network.
Not only is the Great Lakes Tech Park free of cost, additional financial incentives are available to facilitate the ongoing success of your business venture.
- The land is free of charge through an approved development agreement
- The Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) has the ability to pre-approve up to $2 million in Michigan Business Development Program (MBDP) funds to a project that will utilize up to 200 acres of the Great Lakes Tech Park. Jobs and investment will also play a role in the pre-approval of MBDP funds
- Great Lakes Tech Park occupants are eligible for a 50%, 12 year abatement of real property taxes (under Public Act 198)
- Recent Michigan tax reform reduced the tax burden and provided a stable, certain tax environment for corporations
- Saginaw Future Inc. assists with the issuance of tax exempt bonds, revolving loan funds and connects companies to the MEDC capital markets programs and national SBA loan funds
- Consumers Energy offers a special High Use Rate, flexible pricing, several Energy Efficiency Incentive Programs and customized utility packages based on your needs
- State and locally funded training and education programs have been recognized nationally as an exceptional asset for workforce sourcing and development
Click and drag for 360 degree view of the end of Tech Park cul-de-sac.