Businesses that wish to start-up, expand and locate in the Great Lakes Bay Region are backed by the expertise and support from Saginaw Future – an Accredited Economic Development Organization, Saginaw County and the State of Michigan. This means prospective Tech Park occupants have access to financial incentives and a robust business support network.
Not only is the Great Lakes Tech Park free of cost, additional financial incentives are available to facilitate the ongoing success of your business venture.
- The land is free of charge through an approved development agreement
- The Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) has the ability to pre-approve up to $2 million in Michigan Business Development Program (MBDP) funds to a project that will utilize up to 200 acres of the Great Lakes Tech Park. Jobs and investment will also play a role in the pre-approval of MBDP funds
- Great Lakes Tech Park occupants are eligible for a 50%, 12 year abatement of real property taxes (under Public Act 198)
- Recent Michigan tax reform reduced the tax burden and provided a stable, certain tax environment for corporations
- Saginaw Future Inc. assists with the issuance of tax exempt bonds, revolving loan funds and connects companies to the MEDC capital markets programs and national SBA loan funds
- Consumers Energy offers a special High Use Rate, flexible pricing, several Energy Efficiency Incentive Programs and customized utility packages based on your needs
- State and locally funded training and education programs have been recognized nationally as an exceptional asset for workforce sourcing and development